Governments are tasked with a variety of agenda, and none has a greater impact further-out in the future than education. Increasingly governments are getting aware that a proverbial penny spent Now in education saves Nine in the not-so-far future. Traditionally geographies closer to main metros and bigger cities get better access to quality educational resources, and outlying areas are bereft of the same. Including and integrating outlying areas in the same quality fiber has a salutary imprint on a nation’s social, demographic, economic, political and developmental indices.
Physical mode teaching is ideal for junior grades and simpler subjects, where fair-quality faculty and teaching expertise is easily available. Higher quality faculty is not easily available for STEM subjects and competitive exams even in many areas in the metro areas. Governments turn to tele-education, e-tutoring and distance education to bridge this gap. The NCLB act in the US paved the way for large scale adoption of e-tutoring. EDUSAT in India dedicated an entire satellite for tele-education purpose. Several similar initiatives are underway variously to bridge the physical divide, digitally.
2WayLive, with its various functionalities, distinctive feature and focused capabilities is very well suited to address the requirements of government education departments. It is pertinent to note that apart from student competency enhancement, governments are also concerned with training teachers, support staff, administrators, principals, district-level nodal officers and others.
Some key outcomes and benefits of 2WayLive could be:
- Aggregating several Internet access channels via BigNet, 2WL can serve large as well as small locations with ease.
- Multicast support enables 2WL to ride upon multicast-enabled, fiber-based, MPLS networks being provisioned at district and Village level.
- Simple and Low-cost studios will enable establishment of teaching points closer to expert teachers.
- Simple and low-cost classrooms lower the cost of adoption. Even single classroom locations can be served at low cost.
- A key issue is real time assessment of educational outcomes and design of appropriate educational remediation for differential performance levels. In-Class real time assessment is an excellent tool to measure faculty effectiveness, as well as student attention and subject matter registration.
- Regular, structured In-class, LMS based and Offline assessments are key to determine student retention of subject matter.
- 2WayLive’s several modes of bi-directional communication ensure real time and relevant engagement between students and faculty.
- The above as well as a number of other features will ensure that Government educational engagement initiatives will be a satisfying and rewarding experience with 2WayLive.